Director & Occupational Therapist
Mum of two, keen traveller and beach walker.
“The best part of my job is supporting beautiful families to harness their child’s strengths and help them embrace life as their remarkable selves.
I also love leading the Remarkable You team. Seeing them grow and develop in their respective professions is a privilege!”
Allied Health Assistant
Movie buff, beach lover and mum of three.
“I am passionate about equipping children and their families with the tools needed to reach developmental and lifestyle goals.
I love working alongside the wonderful OTs at Remarkable You. They are all so approachable and supportive”
Singer, dancer, musician and athlete.
“The best part of my job is taking a fun and creative approach to therapy and bringing a child’s interests into the sessions.
I enjoy the support and workplace culture at Remarkable You. It is such as safe and supportive work environment and I feel like a valued team member.”
We’re here to enrich the lives of children and their families
Through collaborative practice, education, connection, and meaningful activity we help empower families with confidence to achieve their goals and embrace life as their Remarkable selves.
As we do this, we’re creating an inclusive community where children and their families feel connected, accepted, valued, and celebrated for their unique strengths and differences.
What we value
We seek to be inspired and to inspire others through purpose and vision of what is possible.
We believe in empowering our family and those we support with confidence to achieve what matters most.
We believe in building a community where unique strengths and differences are embraced and supported.
What we offer
Flexible hours and working arrangements to help you integrate work and home life.
Regular supervision and mentoring with our Director/ Senior OT and peer supervision as needed.
Professional development as a team on relevant topics.
Individual professional development allowance that aligns with your career goals and interests.
Travel reimbursement for use of own vehicle.
Involvement in projects that interest you. This might include clinical or non-clinical areas such as marketing, running groups, social media, parent education etc.
Annual leave, personal leave and sick leave allocation.
Social events, and of course, being part of a Remarkable team of awesome individuals.
So that’s why we’re here, what we value and what we offer. Now we’d love to know what makes you tick.
Have big goals in mind for your career? Let us know what they are so we can support you to achieve your dreams!
Express your interest in a career with Remarkable You OT by completing the form below. To view our current opportunities, keep scrolling, you’re almost there!
Our Current Opportunities
Paediatric Occupational Therapist- Full-time/ Part-time
Get to know us and the world we want to create in our local backyard
Our vision is to build an inclusive community where children and their families feel connected, accepted, valued and celebrated for their unique strengths and differences.
We LOVE being in clients’ homes because it allows us to create more meaningful strategies within the context of real life. We also have a beautiful room within a speech therapy clinic in Aspley with natural light and space to play and move.
This flexible model allows you to mix things up in how you deliver services—you might choose to eat lunch at a local cafe or park while visiting clients in the area and then complete your admin from home. We may cover a large region between Brisbane North and Moreton Bay, but each therapist has their own areas to cover with very reasonable travel requirements which we will agree to together.
As a Mum, I have been on both sides of the therapy room, as a carer and an OT. These experiences have fuelled my desire to build a team of OT’s who recognise it’s equally important to support the parent/carer as much as their child.
We are a 100% values-driven business.
Passionate people: We go the extra mile for our families. We are passionate and invested in the progress of our clients and we love what we do!
Empowered families: We empower families with confidence to achieve what matters most, and we want to do the same for you.
Connected communities: We are building an inclusive community and we strive to help families feel connected within their own local communities.
We believe your professional and personal life should complement each other, and we create a working environment that helps you achieve that balance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assessing children 0-13 years of age with a range of developmental disabilities and differences.
- Helping families voice what’s important and setting goals that are meaningful to them.
- Developing therapy plans and delivering these in community, clinic and home environments.
- Completing high-quality clinical documentation, including treatment notes and assessment reports.
- Advising and educating families on accessing supports such as the NDIS.
- Collaborating with various allied health providers including allied health assistants and speech therapists in our shared clinic space.
- Running FUN, inclusive and interest-based groups for children who find attending mainstream programs tricky.
- Participating in regular professional development and team building and training activities.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Is enthusiastic and committed to continuing professional education and evidence-based practice.
- Enjoys working with children and bringing a fun and creative approach to therapy.
- Is passionate about a family-centred approach.
- Is willing to learn and engage in a coaching model to support carers and their children.
- Has a strong work ethic and desire to work as part of a team and independently.
- Is reliable and committed to providing a high quality of service to clients.
What you’ll need:
- Recognised Bachelor of Occupational Therapy.
- Full registration with AHPRA (if you are working towards registration, we are open to supporting your return to the profession).
- Professional indemnity insurance.
- Experience in paediatrics (>3 years is an advantage but new graduates are welcome to apply).
- A comprehensive understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme is an advantage but not essential.
- Your own car and current QLD driver’s licence.
What you’ll get:
- A fun, supportive and welcoming working environment where we want you to flourish.
- A manageable calendar with achievable community reach that empowers you to do your best work.
- A set of your own resources for mobile days.
- Access to multidisciplinary support from the amazing Speech Pathologists on the Let’s Talk Let’s Eat Speech Pathology team within our shared clinic space.
- Allocated time blocks in your week to focus on clinical administration tasks.
- Administration support from our fabulous client care team.
- Weekly/fortnightly clinical supervision with OT/clinical director as needed.
- Fortnightly peer support, including internal PD and case reviews.
- Career progression.— we want you to grow as we grow and value those interested in leadership.
- Up to $2000 annual Continuous Professional Development allowance so you can develop in your chosen areas.
- Support to explore involvement in non-clinical aspects of the business, e.g. social media or using personal talents and skills to build groups or other innovative programs for our clients.
- Flexible working arrangements: mobile/clinic/working from home. Let us know if you prefer mobile or clinic and we will aim to support your preferences.
- The ability to negotiate hours and days of work with full or part-time options available.
- Travel reimbursement for using your car.
- Work phone.
If you’ve read this far, you could be team member #9 🎉. We understand it can be a daunting process finding the right workplace based on a single job ad so we invite you to join us for a half or full day of shadowing our fabulous OT’s and visit the clinic so you can meet the team and get a feel for who we are. Previous applicants have let us know how helpful this was to assist them to make the decision that Remarkable You OT was the right choice for them so we welcome this opportunity for you and for us to get to know each other!
Know you want to apply immediately? Amazing! Send us your CV with a cover letter that includes three interesting things about you, your why, what you think contributes to an inspirational workplace, and what sort of support you are looking for.
Book a complimentary 30 minute
Fill out our expression of interest form
"*" indicates required fields